Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fatigue

Ever get tired? Dumb question right. Ever feel tired for a full week and not want to move from in front of the tv after getting home? After trimming hedges all week that is how I felt…. Feel that is. Hedge trimming is one of the most labor intensive services I offer. And I have really felt it this week. Shoulder pain sux! There are a few things I do to hold off weariness. I start very early so the heat is not on me all day long. Most days I start at 6:30 and finish by 2 or 3 pm. I try to do the hardest or biggest properties first thing if possible. Also having a helper do the weed trimming is the best thing. I could ride a mower for 12 hours a day if I never had to touch a trimmer or blower.
Some days I think, “there has got to be an easier way to make a living. And I am always trying to expand into different areas and try new businesses. If you can run one business it is likely you can run many if you have the knowledge in that field. Any job business that involves me staying at home in the air conditioning is a plus. I have also thought about a delivery service where I could basically ride in the air conditioned truck a lot. Fatigue has really got me to thinking. Not that I am going anywhere. I will probably always run a lawn service whether I am working in it or not. It has allowed me to quit my full time job and given me a flexible schedule so I doubt I could just drop it all together. What are some physically easier businesses you have thought about doing?


Late,
Shane
Georgialawncare.com
Lawn Store

No comments: