Sunday, July 8, 2007

Lawn Guy Vacation / kinda

Going on vacation in the summer, which is the busy season for lawn care providers, can be rough. I have to catch everything up so I can go, then I’m gripping on the way home about all the work ahead. We just got back from a 3 night trip to Tampa for my youngest daughter’s gymnastics meet. It was a National event and a pretty big deal. She ended up getting 3 first place medals so we were very proud. We spent the last couple days there at the beach (nice) and at Busch Gardens (nice but Theme parks are not for me anymore!). The kids had fun but got tired like me of walking around in the heat all day. The animals were neat to watch also. The beach was surprisingly good and not crowded at all.
Anyway back to the point. Vacation is possible in the summer but you need careful planning and a lot of luck. I’d like to just plan vacation for the winter when I am slow anyway, but the beach is too appealing right now. It’s nice if you can just let your lead man take over until you get back, but if you don’t have that you have to be creative. I have done some accounts a couple days early and then a couple 2 days late. As long as you let you clients know what is going on there should be no problem. That’s all for now, gotta rest from “vacation” BTW, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Tampa and it was super nice.

Late,
Shane McLendon
Georgialawncare.com

No comments: