Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Get Organized

Everyone hates clutter and disorganized lives, but it seems that most everyone has these problems. What can we do about them? For clutter the only thing to do is set aside certain days and times to straighten up your desk, work truck, computer files, etc. Slow times are a good time also, but it is hard to do something like that when you feel like you are “off”. So a set time is the best way to go. I despise cleaning out my box truck so it is always a mess. I even offered my kids some cash to clean it each week. They must hate it more than me because $$ did not work. But when I do clean it out it is always refreshing, just like a clean house is more relaxing to live in.

Now organizing your schedule for work is different. It is vital that we keep our schedule tight and show up to estimates when we say we will. One of the best things I have ever bought is Gopher, which is a scheduling and invoicing program specifically for the Green industry. It has made my business much simpler to operate. I recommend Gopher but there are many others to choose from. I use Quickbooks Pro for my accounting but there are some open source programs out there for free that you can grab if you like.

Late,

Shane

Georgialawncare.com

To order weed killer email me tinman23@alltel.net (2.5 gal. concentrate for $60) Will deliver within 30 miles of 30558.



No comments: